Subsurface Global is currently recruiting for a Senior Reservoir Engineer (Contract) on behalf of a client in Aberdeen.
All candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
This will be a 12 month contract role on PAYE day rate terms, starting ASAP. This will be an Aberdeen based, full time role.
The Reservoir Engineer will work within a Asset Subsurface multi-disciplinary team to add value in the reservoir engineering analysis and interpretation. This will include engineering analysis of reservoir performance and recommendations on future drilling locations.
Strong proficiency in reservoir simulation and a good understanding of risk analysis are required, proven experience in the North Sea with developed mature assets would be preferred.
- Provide effective reservoir engineering analysis for the Asset Team.
- Evaluate and initiate development opportunities for new wells.
- Participate in peer assists and technical assurance reviews.
- Attend partner meetings and provide technical input.
- Make presentations to senior management and partners as required.
- Keep abreast of technology developments (internal and external) and deploy fit-for-purpose new technology.
- Provide well profiles for the Asset Management Plan document.
- Must have a strong technical background in reservoir engineering and undertaking integrated reservoir studies, including a strong understanding of reservoir characterisation, special core analysis, PVT analysis, oil and gas phase behaviour, volumetric calculations, well tests, recovery estimates, reservoir performance and recovery mechanisms.
- Strong experience in numerical modelling, in particular with the Eclipse and Petrel softwares.
- Must understand the concepts of decision and risk analysis and have an appreciation of the key factors that control uncertainty in recovery factor and reservoir performance.
- Experience in the evaluation and development of North Sea clastic reservoirs is desirable.
- Petrophysical analysis skills helpful.
- Ability to work in a highly charged, fast-paced work environment and simultaneously handle multiple projects.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, particularly for technical presentations.
- Self-motivated to learn and adopt new methods, impart knowledge to others, and coordinate efforts with cross functional teams.
- Proactive analytical skills with attention to detail and process improvements.
- MSc in Petroleum/Reservoir Engineering
If you are interested, please click on the 'I'm Interested' button on this page and contact Chris Morrison for more information: email@example.com