Subsurface Global is currently recruiting for a Senior Geoscientist for a UK based E&P company.
This will be a 12 month contract role in Aberdeen (with flexible working options).
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
Development and abandonment geoscientist (cross geophysical and geological experience) working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, responsible for all aspects of geological/geophysical input into remaining opportunities within the ultra-late life assets with significant focus on preparation of abandonment documentation and supporting well abandonment planning.
At the Senior level, the job holder will be expected to work on their own initiative and will be involved in a wide range of challenging projects which require the application of technical expertise with a strong emphasis on abandonment planning and preparation.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe manner complying with all regulatory requirements, legislation and HSEQ procedures
- Responsible for a wide range of geological and geophysical work within an integrated subsurface framework. Tasks may include:
- Well planning and operational support – development and abandonment
- Historical Well analysis – development and abandonment
- Geological interpretation and seismic mapping
- Structural and stratigraphic seismic interpretation through collaboration with in-house and external experts
- Construction of structural framework models
- Reservoir characterisation and geological modelling
- Advises Subsurface manager on seismic acquisition and processing
- Volumetric assessments.
- Monitoring and assisting with specialists and contractors to manage geological & geophysical analysis projects.
- Geological/Geophysical aspects of internal/external business approvals (Internal/Partners/OGA etc.).
- Sharing knowledge,and engaging in subsurface collaboration.
- Strong presentation and communication skills to effectively update management and key stakeholders
- Working closely with other subsurface team members on multi-disciplinary projects, occasionally leading
- Participates in peer reviews and contributes to management and joint venture partner meetings
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- BSc in Geological Sciences or Geophysics
- Significant relevant oil and gas experience ideally gained in an operating environment
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Proven ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams
- A strong understanding of geological and geophysical concepts with recent experience of Petrel and DSG software an advantage
- Working knowledge of seismic interpretation to derive structural and stratigraphic information for use in abandonment planning
- Expert in static reservoir modelling techniques and software, in particular Petrel
- Good understanding and efficient construction of sometimes complex structural models.
- Strong understanding of key geological and geophysical uncertainties and quantification of these
- Broad experience gained in a variety of depositional settings and basins with particular focus on UKCS
- Understanding of reservoir flow dynamics and impact of geological realisations
- Up-to-date knowledge of technological developments, industry initiatives, etc.
To apply, please click on the 'I'm Interested' button on this page.