Subsurface Global is currently recruiting a "Senior Specialist, Reservoir Engineering" for a permanent expat role in the United Arab Emirates.
- Coordinate with Offshore/Onshore units to participate and/or review subsurface developments studies and ensure quality of the static and dynamic models for use in fields’ optimization processes.
- Cooperate with subsurface specialists to review and assess existing plans, studies, and dynamic models, and to provide technical advice on analytical work and reservoir modeling.
- Ensure that best practice technical standards are implemented and ensure that codified workflows for reservoir analytical and numerical modeling processes are being followed.
- Work with professionals to develop in-house tools and workflow concepts to achieve objectives.
- Provide hands-on technical coaching to support junior and senior level technical practitioners to upgrade their skills for next level promotion on a technical career ladder.
- Attend technical meetings as requested by Offshore/Onshore development unit to provide technical feedback.
- Establish and maintain dialogue on all reservoir related technical issues with other company Specialists and Experts; as well as with third parties (Shareholders, Universities, research centers) through active networking.
- Support in organizing Reservoir Engineering related discipline and functional Community meetings to promote the transfer of experience among the different department teams, and the transfer of technology from the Shareholders and the Industry, including internal and external Peer Assists and Peer Reviews.
- Monitor Field development plan related studies and ensure application of company Discipline standards.
- Participate in technical review meetings and development of integrated models and analytical solutions.
- Drive implementation of technical efficiency, value, and support continuous improvement by captured learnings.
- Work closely with Discipline Expert to discuss and assess the potential application of new technical developments in the industry.
- Participate in the testing and evaluation of commercial reservoir simulators, related reservoir software, and analytical tools (including associated pre-and post-processors) to identify and recommend technical software that meet company requirements in the most cost-effective manner.
- Provide hands-on support for development and use of reservoir modeling and simulation, and for reservoir studies and projects.
- Examine and review various reservoir study reports, and recommends actions and techniques to improve field development plans, and data gathering programs and to ensure proper implementation of company objectives and reservoir guidelines.
- Participate with operating assets, stake holders, consultants and service companies as the company representative to discuss and advise on studies, reservoir modeling and simulation, software matters, R&D, reservoir technology and hydrocarbon reserves.
- Maintain a current industry perspective on reservoir technology and lead peer reviews of existing and proposed processes and studies to ensure best practice standards remain current, and that knowledge transfer and learning remains up to date.
- Advise on the current and future reservoir management activities and modeling activities, including the identification and recommendation of advance technology and projects where research can be initiated/applied.
- Maintain close interaction with other team members to ensure that a fully integrated, multi-disciplinary approach is followed in all reservoir engineering studies performed.
- Participate in the development of standards for knowledge and competency in conjunction with optimum resource allocation strategy to provide a challenging and motivating learning environment for company Specialists in alignment with business needs, technical ladders, competency profiles, technical working systems and training programs.
- Significant international experience is required, with a strong preference for Middle East experience.
- Experience in a Technical Excellence department of an E&P operating company would be highly desirable.
Please note - this is permanent staff expat role in the UAE and full relocation is required.
Please apply by clicking on the 'I'm Interested' button on this page.