Subsurface Global is actively recruiting for an Exploration Geoscientist to join our client, an E&P operator in Aberdeen, on a full-time staff basis.
All candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
The Exploration Geoscientist is responsible for basin screening and play fairway analysis. They will be expected to develop and evaluate exploration leads and prospects and going forward manage a portfolio of such opportunities. Including:
1. Interpretation and integration of seismic, well and other subsurface data as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
2. Basin screening, Play fairway analysis and in-depth exploration evaluation.
3. Generation and evaluation of leads/ prospects and other business opportunities, which may include wells, licence acquisition/divestment, country entry/exit etc
Lead Data room visits and organise and attend both Operated and Non-operated Partner workshops.
Support the Team Leader and work collaboratively with others in the New Ventures and Exploration team and wider organisation.
This role has the following responsibilities and outputs:
- Hands-on interpretation work on exploration projects at the regional, local and prospect scales.
- Integration of 2d and 3d seismic data with well and other regional geotechnical data sources including charge systems, reservoir and seal analysis etc.
- Assistance with geophysical data acquisition and processing projects.
- Use of a petroleum system based approach to evaluate countries, regions, plays, and prospects describing risks and uncertainties.
- Develop robust technical arguments and clearly present to stakeholders including management, partner companies and government representatives.
- Prospect evaluation including risk analysis and reserves estimations (deterministic and probabilistic).
- Review areas and prepare applications for licensing rounds.
- Generation of new leads and prospects.
- Evaluation of exploration opportunities (farm-ins, data rooms and screening of opportunities etc.).
- Scouting and analysing data for regional studies to help future plans and identify areas of potential interest.
- Documentation, presentation and archiving of results of technical work.
Skills & Knowledge required:
- Educated to degree level in geology/geophysics or similar discipline.
- Possesses solid oil and gas experience ideally gained in an operating environment
- A strong understanding of geological concepts, to include structural, facies and sequence stratigraphic analysis
- Competent in 2d/3d seismic interpretation techniques and software including Petrel
- Competent in basic map generation and depth conversion techniques.
- Knowledgeable of quantitative interpretation techniques
- Sound understanding of petrophysical data and methods
- Good understanding of key geophysical (including interpretation) uncertainties and quantification of these
- Competent in deterministic and probabilistic volumetric calculations
- Broad experience gained in a variety of depositional settings and basins, North Sea basins experience essential
- Knowledge of discovery appraisal and pre-project planning
- Peer Assist and Review experience
If you are interested in applying, please click on the "I'm Interested" button on this page.