Subsurface Global is currently recruiting for a Principal Reservoir Engineer for an Aberdeen based E&P company.
This will be a full-time staff role.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
Purpose of Role:
- To provide reservoir engineering expertise across Subsurface and Exploration including technical mentoring and coaching.
- To support the Subsurface Chiefs to in providing technical reviews and assurance in line with corporate standards and processes, as directed by the appropriate discipline Chief and to occupy no more than 30% of the role.
- Reservoir Engineer within the UKBU Integrated Operated Assets multi-disciplinary subsurface teams.
- Deliver opportunities for production enhancement and resource additions through subsurface characterisation, reservoir geological modelling and opportunity generation & maturation.
- Support well planning & delivery programmes
- Creates and takes accountability for organisation
- Creates sense of direction/purpose. Influential/powerful communicator. Reinforces need for technical excellence
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to and continuous improvement of technical Standards in reservoir engineering workflows
- Technical QA/QC of reservoir engineering Subsurface technical work across the E&P life cycle, jointly with other Subsurface function Principals and as directed by the Chiefs.
- Responsible for all aspects of reservoir engineering, using predictive flow simulation models that incorporate geoscience, engineering and fluid property data.
- Identify, mature and deliver opportunities for production enhancement and resource growth.
- Independently define and complete reservoir engineering work programmes in support of business strategy and integrating results effectively with other subsurface disciplines.
- Maintain production forecasts in support of mid to long term business plans
- Communicate results and influence stakeholders appropriately to drive effective business decisions.
- Mentor junior staff.
- Interface and leverage technical expertise within the wider G&RE organisation, influencing subsurface team priorities and work programmes.
- Daily tasks include:
- Generation of production forecasts to support key business decisions.
- Construction of simulation and nodal analysis models.
- Maintenance (and history matching) of full field, material balance and sector simulation models.
- Analysis of reservoir engineering data e.g. pressure transient, fluid and production data.
- Evaluation of production enhancement and new well opportunities.
- Well planning and operational support.
- Reserves assessments.
- Monitoring and assisting with specialists and contractors to manage reservoir engineering projects.
- Reservoir engineering aspects of internal/external business approvals (Internal/Partners/OGA etc.).
- Sharing knowledge.
- Mentoring Junior staff
- Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager
To apply, please click on the 'I'm Interested' button on this page.