SSG Drilling are recruiting for en experienced Onshore Health and Safety Advisor for a Exploration and Production client based in Aberdeen, Scotland. This is a Staff position, where we are interested to hear from individuals who are degree qualified and a Chartered Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety & Health ( CMIOSH ) or at least well advanced in your studies to become Chartered.
You shall have significant experience in driving health and safety performance and environmental issues with an upstream operator or large service provider.
- Supports the development and conducts safety related training for the workforce with a focus on building capability in human performance and NMS conformance.
- Coaches the site leadership and workforce on the use of tools and techniques to improve safety conversations, human performance and reduce mistakes.
- Supports the improvement of process and personal safety to achieve the companies mission to protect our people and the environment, by conducting inspections, investigating incidents, audit and assurance, undertaking hazard assessments and assisting in providing health and safety training to the offshore relevant workforce.
- Supports HSE / regulator inspections response actions and maintenance of any local safety cases or equivalent. Develops responses to oil and gas bodies HSE actions and embeds the appropriate safety processes, and supporting performance standards (including COW) to provide direction and professional advice on HSE requirements and systems and regularly reviews these systems and procedures to ensure simplicity and effectiveness of execution.
- A lead member in the ORA meetings and reviews as the challenge and conscience for the asset with the support of Technical Safety TA.
- Assist in the preparation of emergency and bridging documents, SIMOPS dossiers for simultaneous operations between Operations and Construction/Operations and Drilling, Seismic and Operations and coordinates emergency exercises.
- Safety tag for asset shutdowns including the preparation of the HSE plan, assurance and participating on shutdown readiness reviews and lessons learned.
- Manages the asset audit and assurance programme and undertakes audit and assurance, health, safety, and compliance audits, identifying gaps, creating gap closure plans and implementing solutions, and risk assessments.
- Develops insights from safety metrics analysis, contractor self-verification and other findings to advise on emerging risks and improvement opportunities regarding safety and provides direction to improve asset safety performance.
- Ensure the occupational health and safety processes are effectively controlled (e.g. accommodation hygiene, potable water management, noise, COSHH, radioactive materials, health surveillance).
If you feel you have the level of experience and a strong personality to meet the criteria, please click the "I'm Interested" button at the top of this page.
You shall be eligible to be able to work in the United Kingdom, unaided.