Subsurface Global are actively recruiting for an Operations Geologist to join our client, an E&P operator in Aberdeen, on an initial 12-month contract. This will be a full-time office based position on a day rate (PAYE).
There is potential for this contract to convert to a long-term staff position.
All candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
Specifically, the client's ideal candidate will have the following experience and meet the following requirements:
- Promote HSE values both onshore and in the offshore environment for Wellsite Geologists and relevant contractors
- Deliver as a key player in multi-disciplinary well planning and teams: pore pressure/fracture gradient analysis, temperature profile, review of offset wells highlighting key challenges (and mitigations), provide input to wellpath planning and well construction process
- Work closely with drilling team to represent the views of the subsurface team
- Act as primary subsurface Point of Contact during drilling operations
- Responsible for making geosteering decisions alongside the asset geologist, WSG (contract) and service company well placement engineers during 24/7 geosteering. The geosteering data will be integrated by the selected operations geologist, using petrel, and update slides for management will be required
- Familiarity with technologies required and optimum method of data acquisition in order to achieve Value Based Well Objectives (VBWO)
- Compile key well planning information into geological prognoses and programs. Liaise with vendors to ensure high quality and timely service
- Attending and providing input to Uncertainty Management Plans and Risk assessments, particularly in relation to geological hazards and Formation Evaluation requirements/risks.
If you are interested in applying, please click on the "I'm Interested" button on this page.