Subsurface Global is currently recruiting for a Geoscientist/Geophysicist (Staff) for a UK based E&P company.
This will be a full-time staff position based in Aberdeen.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
All aspects of geophysical technical work across the asset, exploration & appraisal and CCUS within multi-disciplinary subsurface team.
SAFETY & CONDUCT:
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in a safe manner complying with all regulatory requirements, legislation, and company HSEQ procedures.
- Acts in compliance with Company policies and values at all times.
STUDIES & SUBSURFACE CHARACTERISATION:
- Integrates well, geological, petrophysical, geophysical and other field data types as required to update subsurface understanding and associated operational risks from pore to play scale.
- Conducts appropriate analyses/studies including but not limited to structural and stratigraphic seismic interpretation, rock physics (AVO, attribute analysis), velocity analysis and depth conversion utilizing PETREL and other appropriate software (RokDoc, GeoTeric).
- Seismic interpretation and mapping in structurally complex areas with the ability to quantify impact of seismic imaging and velocity model uncertainty, especially in areas with poor data or complex geology.
- In collaboration with the company's wider geoscience community, uses a full range of seismic datatypes (impedance inversion data, pre- and post-stack attribute data) for reservoir characterization.
- Delivers relevant inputs to static, dynamic and geomechanical model(s) for generating and executing hydrocarbon development / CCUS plans.
- Coordinates external studies, ensures that the work is performed according to company best practices (standards normally required by an operationally and commercially efficient operator) and applies study findings.
OPPORTUNITY EVALUATION and PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT:
- Conducts prospective hydrocarbon reservoir /CCUS store evaluations including risk analysis and volume estimations (deterministic and probabilistic) within Company licensed acreage.
- Evaluates hydrocarbon/CCUS opportunities across the exploration, development and production/injection lifecycle (farm-ins, data rooms, open acreage ahead of licence rounds etc.).
- Evaluates requirements for seismic purchases/upgrades/re-processing options.
- Within multi-disciplinary team, evaluates and selects drilling candidates and compiles technical and business cases for investments.
- With corporate team, uses appropriate methods and software for risks and volumes, plus regional strategy factors to evaluate, compare and prioritize prospects in Company UK’s portfolio within the global portfolio.
- Contributes to well planning (e.g. depth prognoses, data acquisition plans), operations support and post well analysis.
COORDINATION, DATA MANAGEMENT and TECHNICAL IT:
- When required, acts as a technical leader on projects, coordinating activities across disciplines and within JV partners.
- Ensures that all relevant information is stored appropriately, identifying and proposing improvements to the geological and geophysical databases.
- Assesses and tests new technologies and software.
BEYOND THE TEAM:
- Contributes to technical proposals, reports and presentations to NSTA (stewardship), partners (workshops/TCMs) or internal processes (Decision Review Boards, Business Reviews, Exploration Reviews Investment Committee, and Peer Review) managers and technical authorities as requested.
- Joins technical peer reviews and lookbacks.
- Participates in technical meetings across Company’s subsurface community to share best practices, influencing and advising on procedures and workflow standardization, inspiring and motivating colleagues.
- Provides technical support/mentoring to other geophysicists, geologists, graduates, interns and trainees.
- Acts as a representative in technical conferences, joint industry projects and workshops.
- PhD / Master degree or equivalent in geoscience with significant experience covering structural and stratigraphic interpretation, rock physics and reservoir characterization.
- Experience with the petroleum systems of the North Sea basin, multiple reservoir & fluid types, structural settings and recovery mechanisms.
- Conceptual understanding of subsurface characterization for Carbon Capture, Storage and Utilisation.
- Strong background in seismic interpretation and reservoir characterization with standard industry software packages (e.g. Petrel, RokDoc, GeoTeric, Blueback SRC).
- Working knowledge of quantitative rock physics techniques and their applications.
- Good understanding of 2D/3D seismic (acquisition and processing) and time lapse/4D principles (reservoir development).
- Prospect generator who is capable of maturing an idea from a lead into a drill ready prospect.
- Team player, with ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and to integrate the other disciplines into a project.
- Technically creative, with an appetite to investigate novel technologies and new geoscience challenges.
- Extensive experience in operated and non-operated ventures.
- Ability to present results and issues, and make investment recommendations.
To apply, please click on the 'I'm Interested' button on this page.