A world renowned Oil and Gas Operator are looking to recruit a VP of Business Development as part of a newly created venture for the organisation. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join one of the leading Operators in the Middle East region. The newly created role of Vice President of Business Development will be responsible for creating and building a brand new department and carve out a strategy for growth and development within the region. You will identify new clients, markets, emerging trends and anticipate the needs of the industry whilst exploring profitable new business opportunities.
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and client satisfaction.
- Conduct research to identify new markets, emerging trends, and client needs and new explore new opportunities.
- Develop accurate local market intelligence and share that with internal stakeholders within Drilling.
- Develop accurate regional market intelligence and share that with internal stakeholders within Drilling.
- Develop in-depth knowledge about business development practices, marketing activities, prospective clients and industry trends.
- Develop, in coordination with Operations, a comprehensive oil field services offering supported by a robust sales plan in line with the companies market expansion objectives in Middle East and North Africa region.
- Identify, in coordination with Operations, new segments of business and propose them to the management.
- Identify potential new regions of business and propose them to the management.
- Address existing new market opportunities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Keep track of the company and competitors’ market share locally and regionally.
- Develop, maintain and strengthen existing client relationships with a consistent and professional approach.
- Develop innovative strategies for gaining new clients.
- Build long-term relationships with new clients.
- Negotiate contracts consistent with company policies.
- Provide input to the 5yr Business Plan including financial forecasts based on region and market segment
- Deliver profitable sales (i.e. at or above industry average utilization and day rate)
- Participate in forums related to the industry; conferences and client discussions as a representative of the company to attract prospective clients
The VP for Business Development is required to possess strong cogent skills and abilities so as to perform effectively in his/her duties. Some of these qualities are highlighted below:
- Bachelor’s degree ideally within Engineering / Science or Business studies
- Minimum 20 years of experience within the Oil & Gas industry, with at least 8 years in a relevant senior managerial / executive role
- Extensive Business Development, Sales/Marketing, Commercial & Strategy Growth experience at an executive level in the Oil & Gas industry (preferably focused on Drilling and Wells)
- Experience of the global drilling and wells market with specific knowledge of rig operations, drilling and completions
- Experience working in the MENA region
- Extensive business network within the MENA / International Oil & Gas industry (preferably focused on Drilling)
- Strong leadership capability
This position is a Permanent Staff role on expatriate terms. A competitive and comprehensive package shall be provided to the successful candidate. Full relocation to the UAE is required.
If you feel you have the relevant experience please click on the "I'm Interested" button at the top of this page.