SSG Drilling are delighted to be supporting a key client with the recruitment of a Senior Drilling Engineer to be based in their office in the United Arab Emirates ( UAE ) This position is to support the latter stages of planning right through to operational support in country once drilling operations commence in 2022. To assist with current COVID Restrictions, the client is only reviewing applications from individuals already living in the UAE Region. Start date March 2021, this role may develop into a permanent Staff position.
Responsible for the engineering content of the company’s drilling programs. Develops design and programs aimed at efficient operations and long term integrity.
- Supports implementation of all applicable HSE policies and initiatives.
Drilling Preparations and Operations
- Prepares specifications for well related equipment and services in accordance with company and industry standards.
- Works closely with the completions, well testing and well integrity engineers to ensure operational integrity, feasibility and efficiency of the final programs.
- Accountable for delivery of the End of Well Report (EOWR).
- Captures Lessons Learned during operations and ensures the lessons are captured in the EOWR and implemented in future programs.
- Supports the Drilling Superintendents and Supervisors and ensures that all programs are implemented according to plans in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensures compliance with all Company Standards and the requirements of the subsurface team.
- Writes Management of Change (MOC) documents when operational changes are required and ensures the established MOC process is followed.
- Communicates effectively to ensure that all objectives of the programs, policies and standards are understood by all concerned parties.
- Reviews equipment planning with Drilling Supervisors and Material & Logistics Coordinators to ensure timely equipment arrivals and backloading.
- Performs wellsite visits when required to ensure that programs and procedures are conducted in compliance with applicable policies.
- Prepares technical specifications and evaluations during the contracting and procurement process of equipment, tools and services.
- Conducts and documents operations risk assessments.
- Ensures all pre-job checklists are completed prior to commencing operations.
- Supervises and coaches junior drilling engineers.
- Setting individual goals, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal – to maximize subordinate and departmental performance.
- Maintains and exhibits excellent working relationships with subordinates, contractors and company's management.
- Stays abreast of current technologies, monitors operational performance against pre-established goals, and makes/supports recommendations for continuous performance improvement.
Conducts technical research to be utilized for field development, exploration and drilling plans. Recommends actions for improvement to senior management.
Full commitment to core value principles HSE, leadership,
Excellent Coaching skills
Excellent communication skills in English
Extensive experience in well design and drilling operations ( technology, equipment, materials )
Excellent computer skills ( tubular design, hydraulics, torque & drag, MS Office suite)
If you meet these criteria and would like to make an application, please click on "I'm interested" button to apply.