Subsurface Global are currently recruiting for a Wellsite Geologist for an operating company in Abu Dhabi.
Middle East experience is essential.
This would be a 28/28 rotation.
Initial contract duration of 4-6 months with further potential work in Q4 2020.
- Send daily geological reports to company office and report shall include ( drilling activities, encountered lithology, description of any HC shows, update formation tops)
- Quality check of wireline (log runs, calibrations, back up tools, down time sheet).
- Quality check of mud logging (cutting collections, HC description, tools and sensors conditions).
- Quality check of MWD logs (tools reading and logs template).
- Witnessing conventional and sidewall core (recovery, handling and preservation).
- Selecting casing and coring points.
- Witnessing all logging operations in open hole and cased hole.
- Prepare Final well report including all well summary data from spud to release.
- Work with operations geologist to finalize the template for all reports.
- Lithology description of drill cuttings from spud to well TD.
- Oil shows descriptions
- Obtain drill cuttings at an interval.
- Use offset wells to predict formation prognosis.
- Daily update Open wells (company software) with all required data (geological part).
- Update operation geologist with any changes in the well program or logging program.
Please apply by clicking on the 'I'm Interested' button on this page.