Subsurface Global are looking for a Senior Geophysicist for an operator in the UAE.
Middle East experience is essential.
An overview of the role:
- Conduct and coordinate geophysical interpretation and reservoir characterisation studies aimed at the maturation of leads and prospects. This includes exploration play reviews, prospect ranking and maturation studies, hydrocarbon resource definition, exploration well proposals and participation in multi-disciplinary studies to define and evaluate exploration prospects and leads.
- Initiate and follow up closely on all geophysical related studies carried out by consultants. Ensure that all geophysical study findings are integrated with other studies undertaken by the assigned team. Provides advice to other team members on geophysical aspects of studies.
- Coordinate and conduct interpretation of ID, 2D, 3D and 4D geophysical surface, micro-seismic and well bore (VSP) data, including synthetic seismograms, seismic attribute volumes, horizon attributes, azimuthal and AVO analysis and inversion, multi-component data interpretation depth conversion and final depth maps, etc., all in full cooperation with other disciplines and integrating all petroleum engineering geological and well data
- Contribute to regional play evaluations, prospect ranking and maturation studies, exploration and appraisal well proposals, reservoir characterization etc. all in full cooperation with other disciplines and specifically integrating all geophysical data in multi-disciplinary studies.
- Propose and justifies geophysical data gathering activities such as the acquisition and processing of new 2D or 3D seismic or re-processing of existing seismic data or acquisition and processing of potential methods data, such as gravity, magnetic and electromagnetic data