Job Advert – Senior Production Engineer
CNOOC International, the international division of CNOOC Limited, is a global energy company with operations in Asia, Africa, the Americas and Europe. As one team, we are all united by our vision to deliver energy for all. Our successful growth as an upstream oil and gas producer has been achieved by consistently finding and developing world-class assets.
Our business is focused on safely exploring and producing from conventional offshore, unconventional and oil sands assets. As part of the CNOOC Group of companies, which span the entire energy supply chain, our size and capability create a competitive advantage that ensures we deliver long-term value. Our growth strategy is to safely and sustainably develop our high-quality portfolio to deliver energy for all.
Why CNOOC International?
At CNOOC International, we take pride in our corporate culture. From East to West, we foster an ethical, responsible and safety-first mindset to build trust among our stakeholders.
Bold ideas, diverse perspectives and the determination to fuel our success are what set us apart.
A career at CNOOC International is about moving forward – learning new skills, broadening experiences and making meaningful contributions. We offer an unprecedented opportunity for growth and development. From personal career development that enables you to fulfill your potential, to employee programs that help you make the most of life outside of work, we care for our people and it shows.
Working for us means no matter what you do, you have the ability to make an immediate impact.
We are actively exploring in the Central North Sea and West of Shetland. In addition, our UK operations support exploration activity in Ireland and Africa.
We operate the Buzzard, Golden Eagle and Scott platforms in the North Sea where our business strategy is to maximize the value of our existing portfolio, while creating new opportunities for global growth.
We’re seeking a Senior Production Engineer to join our Production Engineering team in Aberdeen.
Reporting to the Team Lead – Production Operations, you will act as custodian and manager of the well operating envelope and integrated production system whilst providing petroleum engineering and production optimization support to HPHT Glengorm appraisal and development teams.
You will be required to lead extensive stakeholder management engagements, as the role interfaces with a variety of internal stakeholders including the Subsurface Team, Exploration Team, Developments Team, Field Managers, Asset Delivery Managers, Asset Planning, Well Engineering and Technical Excellence & Assurance. Furthermore, the role will have critical stakeholder engagement with external contacts including Asset Co-Venture representatives, Contractors, JV Partners, Production Engineering / Technology consultancies and Regulatory Entities.
You will play a key role in delivering best-in-class results through:
Technical/Functional - Production Value Protection
- Safeguard and management of the production / injection well operating envelope and performance interfaces
- Identifying and realising well optimisation opportunities in conjunction with Reservoir Engineers and D&C Engineers
- Overseeing flow assurance in the producing/injecting wells and infrastructure
- Driving the sand management strategies
- Implementing and overseeing the digital oil field (Petroleum Expert’s IFM / IVM); Production System Optimisation and Well Flow Assurance processes
Technical/Functional - Production Value Creation
- Support infill well programs – provision of all production technology input (upper completion design, artificial lift design and sand face design
- Platform/ Subsea interventions programming / design
- Petroleum engineering support to subsurface / development team
- Ad-hoc support for Business Development
- Drive preparation of technical and commercial justification for well interventions & workovers
- Prepare input for partners meetings and annual production reports (OGA etc)
- Overseeing third party studies
- Occasional offshore visits in support of project execution
- Provide support and guidance to other engineers as and when required
Who are we looking for?
You will be qualified to MSc or equivalent degree in either Petroleum Engineering / Reservoir Engineering with robust and relevant experience within the Oil and Gas industry. Furthermore, you will have a proven track record of delivery, ideally from an oil and gas operator background. We are particularly interested in you if you have the following skills and knowledge:
- HPHT experience is preferable and will be a differentiator
- Sound theoretical petroleum engineering & production technology exposure
- Familiarity with industry-standard Petroleum Engineering software methods including well performance modelling, reservoir simulation, and material balance amongst others
- Familiarity with PVT analysis & interpretation
- Familiarity with production chemistry issues associated with waterflood reservoirs
- Familiarity with rock mechanical issues associated with production and injection
- Familiarity with cased hole logging principles and application
- Familiarity with metering principles and application
- Familiarity with well and plant optimisation strategies
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills
- Effective relationship builder at all levels, both internally & externally
CNOOC International strives to retain and recognize high performing individuals who help us achieve superior results and deliver our vision of energy for all. Our pay-for-performance approach is at the foundation of our competitive compensation and benefits offerings that are designed to attract, retain and motivate the best and brightest.
In return for your hard work, tenacity and contributions, you can expect an array of benefits. From personal career development that enables you to fulfil your potential, to employee programs that help you make the most of life outside of work, we care for our people and it shows.